Saturday, November 28, 2020

The moment I met you (Chapter 35)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu

‘Maybe, I should look for this man and teach him a lesson.’              

‘No, don’t. You have to stay calm. I’m fine now.’                                         

‘How can you expect me to stay calm? What if you died in the process? Based on the fact that you have nine lives of course you’ll be fine. When I heard about it in our workshop I was actually worried. My boss had to let me go home. If nothing is done that guy might hit you again.’ He looked at Chioma.  ‘Father is dead. I don’t want to lose you too,’ he said in a small voice.                                                                                      

‘He won’t hurt me.’ Chioma was convinced about that.                                

‘And you think that you’re in a Korean romance movie? Wake up! This is reality. Although you might be lucky with him, but movie is movie, reality is reality.’                                                                                         

Chioma walked over to Andrew, smiling sweetly, she threw her arms around his neck, and whispered, ‘I am fine. You don’t have to worry too much about the accident. It was my entire fault. If I had looked well while crossing, if we had zebra crossing on the road I could have been more careful.’ She kissed his head lovingly.                                                     

‘When did zebra crossing join in our conversation?’ Andrew slanted a glance at Chioma and she pouted prettily.                                          

  ‘Your sister is a genius,’ Chioma cheerfully lifted her chin and said.                                                                                                                                      

‘You really succeeded in changing the subject,’ Andrew said, lifting his hand to pinch her rosy cheek.                                                                   

‘Isn’t that cool?’ Chioma said, laughing.                                                 

‘So you found my weakness and decided to use it against me?’ Andrew slanted a cool glance at Chioma’s face.                                                      

‘No, no, no. I know you will still listen to me even if I didn’t beg you to. You love me very much and will do anything for me,’ she smiled.           

‘You’re toying with my love for you?’ Andrew teased her, and she laughed.                                                                                                                        

‘My big brother Andrew is the best in the whole world.’                         

Andrew smiled. ‘Go ahead with your food. I’ll go to the kitchen and see if there’s milk left.’ He went to the kitchen while Chioma continued with her noodles. She looked happy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...