Tuesday, February 20, 2024

I am dark and beautiful

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu

 

Solo1

I come from Africa,

I am dark and beautiful,

I glow like the sun,

My teeth are white as snow,

My kinky or afro hair looks beautiful,

And my smile dazzle in the dark like beautiful fireflies

 

Chrous 1

I am dark and beautiful,

I am wonderfully made by God,

I shine as bright as star,

So don’t look down on me, you fair city folks.

 

Solo 2

We come from Africa,

We are dark and beautiful,

We are blessed with magnificent diverse landscapes,

Tropical beaches and jungles, deserts and mountains, 

 Beautiful people, beautiful waterfalls, and everything beautiful

 

Chrous 2

We are dark and beautiful,

We are talented and gifted,

We are survivors and champions,

So don’t look down on us, you fair city folks.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...