Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The moment I met you (Chapter 46)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu   


‘Big brother, Andrew.’ Chisom wrote. ‘Chioma’s here already’.         

‘Good.  She was involved in an accident with the handsome rich and popular Michael Njemanze. She might not have told you everything about the accident but then, I want you to always be with my sister. She’s your best friend.’                                                                                          

‘I get it big brother Andrew,’ Chisom replied, then went offline.                                     

 ‘Chisom, I thought you’d be busy so didn’t bother disturbing you,’ Chioma said softly.             

‘How can I not be busy? I’m super busy! Busy like bees.’ Chisom was angry. ‘How could you not have told me about the accident you had yesterday?’ She looked up at Chioma.                       

‘Chisom, I’m sorry. Besides, I felt you’d be busy with your customers…’              

‘Even so, how could you not have told me about the accident you had yesterday? You have been my best friend since secondary school. That I’m a waitress shouldn’t change anything.’                  

‘Hey, miss amiable and exceptionally kindhearted girl,’ Chioma said with a smile.                                                                                                           

‘Shut up!’ Chisom rolled her eyes. ‘You’re very stupid!’                                 

Chioma laughed. ‘I’m sorry, bestie.’                                                                   

‘I just learnt from your elder brother that it was Michael Njemanze that hit you?                               

Chioma nodded, and then told Chisom everything that happened.             

Chisom sighed slightly. ‘So… you’re sure you did the right thing by rejecting the money to treat yourself?’ Chisom asked as she reached out to hold Chioma’s hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...