Friday, January 22, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 89)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu   



Putting on an air of nouveau riche, Audrey stepped out of the car, and said haughtily to a servant, ‘Here you go. Bring my bag to my room.’         

‘Okay, ma’am,’ the servant replied with a nod. She didn’t get mad instead she smiled. She knew that Audrey was a good girl and wasn’t the kind to boss people around or mistreat them.                                            

When Audrey walked towards the door, a guard opened the door for her. ‘Welcome ma’am.’ He bowed in greeting.                                            

‘Are Felix and Celine back?’ Audrey asked with warmth in her smile.                                                                                                                               

‘Yes, ma’am.’                                                                                           

‘Thanks.’ Audrey’s attitude was not only polished but also graceful. She was beautiful in every way.                                                                           

As she stepped into the luxurious decorated living room, Audrey saw Felix sitting on the sofa with a laptop on his thighs. His eyes stared at the screen as he gracefully typed with his long fingers.                      

‘Big brother, Felix,’ Audrey smile coquettishly as she walked over to his side, hooking her arms around his neck.                                                      

‘When you asked that girl to collect Celine from school, were you really busy or you did it on purpose for a reason? Tell me a reasonable lie and I will accept it.’ Felix glanced up at her.                                     

‘Well…’                                                                                                      

‘Well? Felix repeated.                                                                               

‘I had to ask her to help me because I was really busy. I was shopping clothes online with my Ipad.’ Audrey said quickly. She stared at Felix with her big and innocent looking eyes. ‘You must believe me.’     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...