Monday, February 8, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 110)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu     



‘I don’t have a wife even at my forty… but I hope this beautiful lady will accept me to be her beau?’ Stanley said to Segun while glancing at Chioma.                                                                                                     

‘Well, in that case you’re late beause she’s taken. Perhaps, you care for any one else?’ Segun glanced across the room and asked.                            Stanley’s gaze fell on Chisom and she quickly turned her face away. The mere sight of Stanley irritated her.                                                          

‘She’s also taken,’ Andrew said, feeding Chisom with chicken, indicating that Chisom was his woman, no one else’s.                             

Stanley understood the meaning of Andrew’s action. Then he beckoned on a waiter to bring glasses. He brought glasses and filled them with wine; Stanley filled Chioma’s glass in person.                              

‘Chioma, I will drink this glass of wine for having a good friend like you even though I feel sad that you’ve been taken.’                          

‘Okay, I will drink with you.’                                                                             

Without a fuss, Chioma clinked glasses with Stanley, then with the others and they all downed on their wine.                                                                   

Stanley ordered more dishes, and together the chatted while they ate.                                                                                                                       

On the other side, Michael had an icy-cold expression on his face. Robert who had been at the same barbecue stall with Chioma, unnoticed, had reported to Michael about seeing Chioma.                             

‘Michael, I made this chestnut cake myself. Please eat some.’ Patricia came in, carrying exquisite-looking cake.  She was wearing a pink jumpsuit with duster.         

 ‘Mum, I’m ‘not in the mood.’Michael refused coldly.                          

Patricia wondered what was wrong with her son. ‘Son, what is wrong with you?’    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...