Sunday, February 7, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 99)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu


 

‘Like her? Is that even a good reason? Does she worth your likeness? Will she appreciate your kindness?’ Celine put the lollipop in her mouth, enjoying the sweetness more than the conversation.                           

‘She is a good girl.’                                                                                             

Celine shook her head. ‘No one wins a trophy for being good. So, your reason is useless. To think of it, you want the girl for big brother Felix. I mean, why would you do that? Big brother Felix isn’t invalid. You know that just like big brother Michael, countless of girls wouldn’t stop pursuing him.’                                                                                          

Audrey chuckled. ‘Celine, can you let me be?’She turned to Celine and said. ‘Maybe, you don’t want me to drive you to school? I could make you jump off.’                                                                                         

Celine pouted her mouth and said, ‘Audrey, if you don’t drive me to school, do you expect me to hitch a ride on my own? You want me to jump out of the car? You are dreaming!’She rolled her eyes at Audrey. ‘If you give me one of those boxes, then, I will forgive you for wanting to throw me out.’                                                                                          

Audrey laughed, and then said after a while, ‘Celine, you have more than enough.’                                                                                                                  

They were almost at school. The massive school gates could be seen from afar. The school was splendorous and the entrance could be seen from afar. Foreigners also attended the school. Diamond secondary school was the best secondary school in Nigeria, if not in Africa.                                                                                                            

‘How many love letters do you receive in a day?’Audrey teased Celine.                                                                                                                

‘I’m a new transfer student from a high school in America, how can I receive love letters yet? I just returned last month September.’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...