Sunday, March 28, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 148)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu           



Chioma pouted and remained silent.                                                               

‘Sis, why don’t you answer me?’                                                                      

‘Nothing.’                                                                                                   

‘You don’t seem happy all of a sudden… I was only teasing you.’                                                                                                                                            

‘I was just wondering… what if Michael cheats on me too?’          

‘He won’t… he’s a good guy, I can bet that with my own life.’ His smile was relaxed and handsome.                                                                                   

Andrew’s words gave Chioma assurance and hope.                                      

Michael woke up from the morning sunlight flooding into his luxurious room. Blinking his eyes he looked at the clock and found out that it was almost nine o’clock and nobody woke him up.                                                 

Pulling on his shirt he pressed the button on the nightstand and a servant came in immediately.                                                                    

‘Prepare the bathroom for me,’ Michael ordered.                                

‘I’m sorry sir Michael, your father wants you to relax today. He says you should meet him at the garden for breakfast.’                               

‘Are you stupid? Prepare the bathroom for me first.’                            

The servant looked at Michael with fear in his eyes. ‘Sir Michael your father wants you at the garden.’                                                  

Michael stood up. ‘So are you saying that I should fire you?’ His voice was cold, causing the servant to shiver.                                                       

The servant shook his head.                                                                            

‘I don’t want you to keep your father waiting, Sir Michael.’                      

Patricia walked inside. ‘Simon, why don’t you go ahead with your duty? I need to talk to Michael,’ Patricia said, placing the sheets she was carrying on the bed.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...