Friday, July 12, 2024

My Angel

Songwriter: Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu

Singer: Honest G

https://audiomack.com/nightengale-ben-onyeukwu/song/my-angel-by-honest-g

Verse 1

The golden sunlight streamed through my window,

Pulling me from my thoughts.

I rose and walked to see the flowers below.

But the sight that greeted me was unlike anything I had ever seen.

Smiling like sunshine, bathed in the golden light, was an angel.

Dressed in a white cotton dress, with flowers adorning her hair, she was a queen

Chorus

I was told I would never be loved,
Too ugly, too poor, I wasn’t enough.
But then she came, like an angel in the day,
With her smile, she took my fears away.

Verse 2

She stopped her bicycle right in front of my window,

That dazzling smile stretching wider.

It felt like a dream. A beautiful, impossible dream.

I froze with love, fear of rejection, and more.
But then, like a playful breeze, she whispered for us to be friends,

And that's how it started.

Our friendship blossomed into something sweet.

We walked down the aisle, hand in hand, not a fairytale ending,

But the beginning of our happily ever after.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...