Saturday, May 15, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 272)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu 



After bathing, Chisom went to the living room to watch TV. Perhaps, reporters might carry the news and the men involved would be caught. As she was about sitting on the couch her phone began to ring. It was Stanley calling.                                                                                                   

‘Did you catch the men behind it?’Chisom asked, anxious.                        

‘We didn’t find them yet. We arrived the scene very late. But we hope to find them…did you see any of them? Perhaps, you could give me a sketch…’

Chisom racked her brain, and after a while she said, ‘I think I was able to see the one not wearing mask before they flee.’                                         

‘Good. What about their license plate number, anything that could help.’                              

‘No,’Chisom sighed. ‘I don’t know whether they had a van or any vehicle. But I could try my best to sketch the man I had seen. I will send it to your Whatsapp when I am done.’

Chisom went to her room when she hung up. Sitting on her study desk, she reached for a sheet of paper and a pencil and began to recall the face of the man who supposedly was their leader as she sketches the portrait. As she sketched, she wiped off tears from time to time. Chioma was her best friend. She didn’t know what she would do if she lost her. 

 After a few moments, Chisom finished the portrait sketch of the man whom she felt was the boss of the gang. Just as she was about snapping the portrait and sending it over to Stanley, she received a Whatsapp message from Audrey who was lying in bed.                                              

‘Chisom, my brother told me about what happened to Chioma. I will visit her tomorrow.’                                                                          

Chisom replied her instantly, ‘Okay.’ She wanted to tell Audrey about Chioma’s relationship, but didn’t anymore. This wasn’t the time. Perhaps, when Chioma recovers she would tell Felix everything. He would get hurt. But it was best to do this instead of living in guilt.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...