Sunday, June 6, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 285)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu 



Celine frowned at Audrey. ‘Is that how you’ll repay Prince and me, for bringing you afternoon tea?’                                                                      

‘Thank you. But, I should head back now. Daniel’s waiting for me.’Audrey turned to leave.                                                                                            

‘What about Chioma? Do you know her too well?’Prince asked suddenly.       

Audrey looked back at Prince.                                                             

‘Has anyone visited her aside from Felix?’                                           

‘What do you mean by that?’Celine was surprised at his question as well as Audrey.                                                                                             

‘I heard that Michael is also in love with her.’                                        

Audrey was speechless. ‘How could that be?’She asked in a low, clear voice.                                                                                    

‘I just heard but not sure…’Prince waved a hand. ‘Sharon told me that. I didn’t believe her because if it were true, then Michael would have been here, right?’

Audrey smiled. ‘Yep. You just scared me,’she paused. ‘I told Michael about Chioma being attacked. Maybe Sharon misunderstood everything.’                                                                                    

Prince used his hand to place Celine’s bangs behind her ears as he said to Audrey, ‘All right. I hope it’s all a misunderstanding. You can’t pick Celine up after school today, we are going out to the mall to have a sweet moment together…eat ice cream, take a walk...so she won’t be home until later in the evening.’                    

Celine’s face blushed. With the way Prince touched her hair, she looked like a girl who had just fallen in love. She looked adorable and cute.      

‘It’s okay; I wasn’t even planning to collect Celine from school. She can take the bus since she sometimes commute in the states. Or you could save me the stress to always bring her home. ’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...