Monday, June 14, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 291)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu 




Daniel shook his head. ‘No, not now, let Chioma decide that. You know that her health isn’t good, and she might not be able to handle the media.’

‘I am curious about one thing, however, as Chioma’s friend, maybe you know something about what I am about to ask.’                                  

‘What’s it?’ Daniel asked quietly. He knew what the question was but he was afraid he might not be able to answer her curiousity.                    

‘Could it be that Chioma has a boyfriend?’ I think…it’s quite strange that Aunt Louisa will suddenly want to discharge Chioma after reading the card?’                                                                                                         

‘I asked for Chioma to be discharged,’Daniel said.                                     

‘Which is why I am absolutely sure that you know a thing about everything going on…’Audrey looked at Chioma. ‘Do you have a boyfriend? The first time I saw you you said you never had a boyfriend. Was that true?’

Chioma bit down on her lips, responding after a while, ‘Actually, you see…’                                                                                                                   

‘Never mind, I believe what you told me before. I believe you will never hurt my brother nor will you hurt my trust in you.’ With that, Audrey turned around and left.                                                                                              

Daniel wanted to follow her out and explain the situation to her, but Louisa stopped him. ‘Let her be. If you go out, she might ask so many questions that you wouldn’t be able to answer.’                                           

‘Aunt Louisa, why did you upset Audrey?’ Daniel turned his head towards Louisa and asked.

‘Because, she doesn’t deserve to be here babysitting my daughter, she has school to do and you have work to do. So, I want to discharge Chioma right now. I know what I am doing might not seem right but I can’t handle the gossip around here. I told Andrew and he said it was all right.’ Louisa left the room and went to file the paperwork for Chioma’s discharge.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...