Monday, December 20, 2021

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 301)

 

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu


‘It doesn’t sound good to me. She didn’t tell me about it.’                

  ‘Are you both quarrelling?’Michael chuckled lightly as he propped up a pillow and slouched against it lazily.                                               

Felix rubbed his nose gently. He was in his study, still dressed in his blue checked Chanel suit. ‘If we were quarelling I wouldn’t have bothered about her. But no, we are not.’                                           


‘Maybe, she did it for a reason…when I return I will love to see this dumb puppy of yours.’                                                                                        

‘How dare you call my woman a dumb puppy? Are you tired of living?’                                                                                                                                          

  ‘I thought you would feel warm and cuddly when I called her that,’Michael teased, lifting his glass to his beautiful lips. ‘Still gathering evidence as to why those mobsters attacked your woman. We would find the mastermind and torture them without mercy.’                                       

                  

The following morning Chisom woke up early and headed straight to the kitchen to help Louisa prepare breakfast of akamu, fried plantain and akara.                                                                                                                      

When Chioma came out of the bedroom, Louisa and Chisom were in the process of bringing breakfast out of the kitchen. She went to the sink to wash her face after which she went to the dining and sat down. Andrew who was still in his pyjamas greeted his mother, then, he settled himself on a seat at the dining table. He picked up an apple from the fruit bowl and began to peel it for Chioma while he waited for the breakfast to be served.                                                                                                      

  ‘Chioma, focus on your recovery. Don’t worry too much about the love triangle that you found yourself in. if you explain everything to Michael I am certain that he won’t get mad.’                                   

‘I had wanted to explain everything to Michael but I was unfortunate that very day. Those mobsters are the reason I didn’t get the chance to speak to Michael that day.’                                                                    

  ‘Don’t blame yourself for nothing. If Michael blames you for doing nothing, then I will have to punch him…’                                                             

Chioma rolled her eyes at him. ‘How would a gentleman like you think like that? Michael would never hurt me.’                                         

  ‘I pray so.’Andrew forked up a small piece of apple and handed to her. ‘If you don’t cry because of him, then, your love story isn’t a love story. In love stories, you get to cry, abandoned and hurt to the point that you feel like dying. So, as my sister I will be there to beat your boyfriend if he hurts you. I want to play the role of beating your boyfriend for hurting you. Include me in the script, I am good with beating people,’he teased Chioma.                                                                                    

    ‘I don’t understand your point anymore.’ Chioma bit into   the apple and gently chewed it.            

   Andrew chuckled.                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...