Tuesday, December 21, 2021

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 312)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu



Meanwhile, Michael was on the phone with the main news sources, ‘If the fake news of Chioma doesn’t disappear right now from search rankings, then be prepared to become street mice…’                                 

The media couldn’t offend Michael; even though they felt that he should go with the flow or rather explain the situation to the public. Even so, with the power that someone wields it was still impossible to control netizens who are scattered around.                              

‘Before you take down the news you should first find the truth,’Robert said as he glanced at Michael who was sitting beside him.                                      

‘Did you say that you trust Chioma?’                                                   

  ‘I do trust her…What about Sir Felix? What do you hope to do with him? Is your love story now going to change into, who takes the queen?                                                                                                                                        

‘We are still on the road. When we arrive the office Felix will have to answer his own questions.’                                                                             

  For the first time Michael was confused as to what to do to Felix and to Chioma. He doesn’t want this to cause a rift between his cousin and his girlfriend.                                                                                                   

Michael reached the Moon Corporation without another word. When their car pulled in front of the entrance, he headed for the elevator with Robert following behind. When they left the elevator and entered the lavish office belonging to Michael. Robert quickly prepared a cup of coffee for Michael while Michael went over to his office desk.                            

‘Sir Michael, have some coffee.’Robert placed the coffee before him.                                                                                                                            Just as Michael was thinking of a way to question about his relationship with Chioma, Felix, along with his assistant Peter, entered the office. Felix arrived before Michael in his blue expensive coat and a cream scarf, looking graceful and elegant. Peter handed Robert the documents he had brought for Michael to sign and went out.                                  

Michael gestured for Robert to leave the office. As soon as the office was left with just the two brothers, Michael approached his cousin who was also his bestfriend and patted him on the shoulder. ‘Felix, I want you to explain what’s going on to me.’                            

  ‘You know as well as I do know that we are both in love with the same woman without even knowing it…if you had showed me your woman when I asked you to, if you had taken me for a drink with your woman around, I would have known her…this wouldn’t have gotten to this point.’                                                                                                                                                   

‘Do you blame me now? I was looking for the right time to introduce you to her but we have been both busy. I didn’t want to casually introduce my woman to you. I wanted to introduce you to her with some celebration.’Michael turned his face away. ‘I had also planned to bring her home when I return from this trip only to be greeted with this sad news. I am confused as well as you are. Do you know how it hurts me that we are both in love with the same woman?’ He turned back to Felix. ‘She even had a problem that I didn’t know until today. I had even doubted that Jessica would hire mobsters to attack your woman since you have no problem with her. But I was stupid and careless because the person attacked was my woman and I love her very much.’

  ‘I love her too… I don’t think I am ready or willing to give her up.’                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...