Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 319)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu


Andrew wasn’t shocked or rather surprised with the news that had spread like wildfire. In fact, he had known that this day will surely come. As he worked on a customer’s car, he heard the other mechanics talk about the incident.                                                                                 

‘I didn’t know Andrew’s sister was dating a multi-billionaire, it must be really tough job for a rich young man like Andrew to work as a mechanic in this kind of place.’                                                                                    

‘Andrew isn’t the rich person; the spot light is on his sister who is yet to marry the billionaire. So, until his sister marry into the Njemanze family, Andrew will still be like us.’                                                 

Andrew didn’t feel embarrassed as he said, ‘you can just think of me as a handsome man who will be taken care of by my in-laws.’                                                                                                                                               

They chuckled at the words of Andrew.                                          

‘Andrew, your oily-dirty hands will stop you from being accepted into that family.’                                                                                       

  ‘Chioma is a rare gem for two influential men to fight over her.’                                                                                                                                   

‘Maybe the witches in your village finally left your sister.’                  

As Andrew and his team joked about, Andrew got to the driver’s seat of the black BMW he was working on. He started the car. Only after he was certain that everything was working fine did he say, ‘I feel honoured to have a beautiful sister.’                                                                        

‘Andrew, how do you intend to deal with the incident?’                            

Andrew remained silent for a moment before saying, ‘I can do nothing about it.’                                                                                                  

‘You won’t take down the news?’                                                                  

  ‘So what if I can’t take down the news. I believe that after this experience my sister will be strong enough to face the challenges ahead, and Jessica will in return reap the seed she had sown. Besides, how can I fight against these people? I am just an ordinary person who is struggling to survive. I will only fight back if my sister is hurt by her boyfriend. Felix, is just a supporting lead character of the story…he isn’t bad. The Njemanze brothers are good people. I am only sad that they unintentionally became in love with the same woman.’                                        

‘Enough of talking. Andrew, now that we are aware of your good luck, could you please treat us to a meal?’                                                         

Exhausted, Andrew rubbed his forehead. ‘I will do that tomorrow. I need to go home. My sister needs me now.’                                    

  ‘Tomorrow,’Came the scoffing voice of a woman.                              

  In surprise, Andrew and his colleagues turned to where the voice was coming from. There, standing at the gate was Jessica, dressed in a loose-fitting white button up, tucked into green cargo shorts.                                    

‘You don’t deserve to be standing on the same ground with me,’Jessica yelled at Andrew when she approached him. ‘If you love your sister, Andrew, better tell her to leave my man alone…I know you might be wondering how I got to know you and even walked straight to you without asking you if you were Andrew, well, that’s because I am so rich and powerful that I could get whatever I want.’                                              

‘What a sweet talker, I never would’ve expected Miss Jessica to come here begging for me to help her get her man,’Andrew scoffed. ‘But then, how can I help you?’Andrew looked her straight in the eye as he spoke. ‘Didn’t you say that you can have whatever you want to have? Then, why come to me?’                                                                        

  Jessica sent a disdainful look, and coldly smiled as she said, ‘May I know how much you need to do this small task?’                                                          

‘Could it be Miss Jessica wants to cry because Michael left her for my beautiful sister? Anyway, I have always known that Michael had never loved you. His love for you was all rumour created by hungry journalists in need of brown envelopes.’                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...