Tuesday, January 4, 2022

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 587)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu




When enough guests had arrived, Prince bowed to Celine. 'We should lead the waltz, ' he said with a smile.

Daniel walked over to Audrey who was looking beautiful in her champagne-coloured long flowing gown, and extended his hand towards her. Audrey took it with a smile. Michael gently led Chioma to the dance floor; Sharon was with her beau, Johnson. Jessica was with Nathan, Chisom with Andrew, and Felix had no choice than to dance with Catherine, who was looking very beautiful in her peach silk dress. Her hair hung loose down her back.

Slowly the waltz turned the guest into couples. The luxurious chandeliers shone beautifully, gorgeous dresses worn by the guests, swished to and fro elegantly as men and women moved in union. The scene was refreshing and pleasing to watch. Everyone showed their dancing skills. Tonight everyone felt like a prince or Princess, and the stars shone especially over the villa. For the party tonight, Prince had only invited the younger generation like him. The old folks, who were there parents didn't come for the party as they had Michael and Chioma's wedding to prepare for.

'After their wedding we will have ours,'Audrey said, looking at Michael who was dancing with Chioma. Their cheeks were pressed close together, and their body enraptured in the flow of the music. 'I am happy for them.' She turned back to look at Daniel who was smiling sweetly at her.

'Will you marry me?' Daniel asked softly.

'We are getting married so why do you still need to propose to me?' Audrey laughed; turning her eyes towards the door, and swiftly turning it back yo Daniel.

'I want to hear it from you.'

Audrey chuckled and said, 'Whether you propose or not, I will be the only one to marry you.'

Daniel laughed as well. Then, in a few minutes, the music stopped and the guest went into pockets of conversation as they drank their wine. Then, after a moment, a soft song began playing. Prince looked at Celine, and with beautiful smiles, he embraced her rapturously. As she was in Prince's arms, he led her into the dance floor again. They danced and danced until the music came to an end.

Celine looked into Prince's eyes and said as the party came to an end, 'This is the best birthday party I have ever had.'

'And you're the only girl I have ever loved. I wasn't able to have you do this birthday in Buckingham Palace or White House, but I promise you that during your eighteenth birthday I will make sure of that.'

'How's that going to be possible? Anyway, I don’t mind where my birthdays are held. I will only be happy when I am with you.'

Prince smiled and pulled her into his embrace.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...