Tuesday, January 4, 2022

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 592)

 


By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu


At an outdoor cafe not far from Daniel’s shop, both Audrey and Daniel sat down to have cappuccino and croissant. They decided to have a little time for themselves before heading back to prepare for tomorrow’s wedding.                                                                                                         

‘Audrey, I am about to get married,’ Daniel suddenly said jokingly. ‘I want you to be my bridesmaid because ever since we became friends, you had always been the lead character, while I was the third-rate supporting lead character… so I was wondering as my wedding is coming up soon in the Philippines, I could be the lead character, and you play the supporting character…’                                                                           

Audrey poked his nose. ‘My boyfriend is so shameless. How could you easily spout nonsense for a princess like me to be the supporting actress while you ugly panda will be the lead character?’                               

Daniel chuckled. ‘Can you please do it for me?’ He joked even more. ‘You ain’t young madam of Moon Corporation, so no one is looking at you. I am the only heir of a big company. You’re nothing compared to me.’                                                                                                   

‘You’re right. I need to spend money to attend a wedding but I will never spend a cent on you,’ Audrey rolled her eyes as she drank her cappuccino.‘Then after your wedding I will marry a prince from Buckingham Palace. With my beautiful, glowing looks, I am sure to marry one of the Buckingham princes…’                                                             

‘I will never allow you to marry someone else,’ Daniel said, word for word. 

‘You’re mine alone. My facial features look better than those of the handsome models. I am so good-looking that in your heart you want to hide me and not share me with anyone else…’                                          

‘You’re the one thinking that…I am sure you are thinking that of me. My facial features are like an exquisite piece of art…’Audrey smiled proudly, looking at his handsome face.                                                                     

‘Ooh, she even wants to stare at my face forever. I have fine-looking eyebrows, perfect chiseled nose and even thin sexy lips…’                             

Audrey instinctively started at his lips. Daniel reached for his croissant, taking a big bite, the corners of his lips turned up in a smile as he gazed at her sweetly. She was delicate and very beautiful. Even in the simple bright-yellow turtleneck top, blue jeans and black converse sneakers she wore, Audrey was still looking like the most beautiful princess in the world.                                                                                            

When he was about to lean forward and kiss her cherry lips, his phone vibrated. Daniel cursed at his phone for spoiling the moment for him and felt like smashing his phone. But then, he still pulled out his phone and realised it was a Whatsapp message from Chisom.                       

As he opened the message he saw the viral photo of Catherine and Prince together at a high-end seafood restaurant. He opened his eyes in shock.

‘What’s the matter, Daniel…?’                                                                           

‘Have you seen this photo?’                                                                     

‘What?’ Audrey leaned over to have a look, and she was amused. ‘Celine and Catherine had already explained everything to me. Celine went to the restaurant with Cath and Prince…just ignore the attention seeker that has created such photo to get so many likes and comments.’    

Daniel’s phone started vibrating once again. The phone call was from Chisom. Daniel picked up the call to hear Chisom’s voice coming from the other side, saying smilingly, ‘I wish you don’t think too much about that photo. I had sent it to distract you a little.’                                           

Hearing this, Daniel immediately hung up. He was angry at Chisom for deliberately spoiling his moment. He had wanted to kiss Audrey’s cherry lips but Chisom ruined it with her silly behavior.                                               

Audrey smiled and said, ‘Daniel, did something happen?’                       

Daniel sighed and replied, ‘My sister told me that she sent that photo to distract me…she could be a witch sometimes.’                               

‘You’re the witch,’Audrey chuckled. Then, suddenly, her gaze fell on two secondary school girls who were holding a strawberry ice-cream cone on their hands as they blissfully passed by.                                                         

The sight of these school girls with their delicious ice-cream made her to crave for ice-cream.                  

Daniel immediately noticed how Audrey’s eyes were fixed on the ice-cream, so he quickly stood up from his seat as he said, ‘I will get one for you.’                                                                                                                    

The ice-cream shop was not far away from the cafe, and right in front  were smartly dressed school children queuing up to buy ice-cream of their choice of flavour.                                                                   

Audrey immediately turned to Daniel. She was so grateful that he was able to read her thoughts and what she wanted. He was indeed the best, she smiled sweetly at him.                                                                                     

‘I know you like the strawberry one, but I will get you the one mixed with vanilla. It tastes better.’ After speaking Daniel walked over to the ice-cream shop                                                                                             

As Daniel approached the ice-cream shop he thought of the best way to get the ice-cream quickly for Audrey without keeping her waiting. Seeing the long queue, he turned his head towards Audrey who was staring happily at him. Smiling, he turned back to the students and said, ‘Today, I am going to treat you all.’                                                               

The students happily turned to look at him.                                                       

‘Well, if that’s the case, then I think you should get me the pineapple flavor,’ a beautiful, tall, slim girl said with a chuckle.                    

‘I want the strawberry one,’ another said.    

‘I want Mango…’                                                                                       

 ‘Okay, I will buy all the flavours ordered buy you guys,’ Daniel said with a smile, as he moved forward. He paid for every one of the students, and then bought a special cone filled with eight different flavours for Audrey. He had wanted to buy just the strawberry one mixed with vanilla, but instead decided to buy different flavours for Audrey. She was special and so deserved to be treated special.                            

Audrey watched as Daniel came back, holding a colourful huge ice-cream in his hand. Placing the ice-cream before Audrey, he sat down to blissfully watch her eat her ice-cream.                                                   

Audrey reached for the ice-cream cone, scooping   a spoonful of ice-cream; she brought it before Daniel’s mouth and playfully fed him with the icream before taking a bite.                                                                      

Audrey didn’t want to eat the ice-cream alone, so she fed Daniel as well as fed herself with the delicious ice-cream. They were both very happy, and when the ice-cream was finished, they both stood up to head for Chioma’s house, for the wedding preparation.            

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...