Friday, August 9, 2024

Letters To My Love

Chapter One: A Walk in the Park

The last rays of sunlight painted the sky in shades of orange and pink, casting a warm glow on everything they touched. Uremma felt restless in her soul, yearning for fresh air and open space. So, she grabbed her small white handbag, which swung gently at her side. A gentle breeze carried the sweet scent of grilling suya, stirring Uremma’s hair as she strolled towards the park. She unwrapped her strawberry lollipop, its sweet aroma filling the air, and the taste bursting like sunshine on her tongue.

Her floral pink dress fluttered around her, and her long, dark hair cascaded down her back like a luxurious waterfall. As she entered the park, she noticed benches scattered here and there, some occupied by couples and others by solitary figures lost in thought. It seemed that more benches had been added to the park. She made her way to her favourite bench by the lake and sat down, watching the birds flit over the shimmering water, their wings catching the sunlight. The scene was serene: children’s laughter filled the air as they chased each other around, their joyful shouts blending with the happy chirping of birds. Nearby, white ducks glided across the water, their movements smooth and graceful as they swam in unison, occasionally dipping their heads to catch a bite, leaving ripples in the water. As she watched the beautiful sight, a sense of peace settled over her.

Relaxing comfortably on the bench, she pulled out her favourite blue fountain pen and a blank sheet of yellow paper. Thoughts of Obinna, her childhood friend turned lover, filled her mind. Obinna, now working as an engineer in Canada, had been a constant presence in her life since they were children. She began to write, her words flowing as effortlessly as the breeze that gently rustled the leaves around her.

First Letter:

Dear Obinna,

As I sit here watching the sun sink slowly beyond the horizon, I can’t help but think of you, my love. Do you remember our first walk to the Green Park? I can almost feel your warmth beside me as we walked through the same park on that first day. The way the birds flew over the water, chirping happily, and the ducks danced sweetly. The sun dappled through the trees, casting playful shadows on the grass. The sound of your laughter, carried on the wind, was like music to my ears. It was that moment I knew that I could never do without you.

Your absence is a void that absolutely no one can fill, but writing to you makes me feel your presence closer to me. As I write to you, it’s as if you’re right here, sitting across from me, for I can hear your laughter and the lovely stories you told that made my heart bloom like beautiful peach petals falling gracefully. Words can’t express how I feel for you, but I hold on because we will be together soon with nothing pulling us apart.

Yours always,

Uremma.

Folding the letter neatly, she placed it into an envelope adorned with blooming flowers at the edges. She addressed it to Obinna, her heart full of longing. Each word she wrote came straight from her heart. It was a reminder of the love they shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...