Friday, January 22, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 87)

   By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu



Chisom frowned and said, ‘Are you talking about Chioma whom you treated like trash?’                                                                                                

Audrey rolled her eyes at Chisom. ‘You can say all you want. But my intentions are pure. I don’t care what you think about me…’ Although Audrey’s voice was very soft, her tone seemed hurt.                                     

‘I don’t care what you reasons were. I only care about my friend.’                


Hearing these words, Audrey didn’t know whether to cry or laugh. Appearing to suddenly remember something, she reached for her handbag and retrieved a pink silk scarf from it. Handing it to Chisom, she said, ‘Here, take this scarf I bought it yesterday and forgot to give it to you. If you hadn’t bickered with me I might not have remembered.’         

Chisom was reluctant to take the beautiful scarf, but Audrey pushed it into her hands, and then stood up. Stifling a yawn, while making a tired stretching pose, she said to Chisom, ‘Well, since you don’t want me here, I will go ahead and speak to Chioma on the phone when I return home.’                                                                                                   

Just as Audrey turned to leave, she saw Chioma walking into the restaurant. Audrey’s face was filled with smile as she went over to Chioma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...