Friday, January 22, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 91)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu




 ‘Are you mad?’                                                                                        

‘How will I be mad at a genius who graduated from Diamond secondary school and a 300 level student of a reputable private university? Why should I be mad knowing that my beautiful sister is out there hunting for a suitable girl for her elder brother?’                                          

‘You’re not mocking me?’                                                                        

‘Of course not.’ Felix raised an eyebrow. ‘Who is she really?’            

Audrey pouted her mouth. ‘Maybe this isn’t the right time for me to talk about her. But she’s a good girl.’                                                

Felix stared at her for a while and suddenly said, ‘Why don’t I invite her over so I will get to know her better. I will tell mum and dad that she is the woman you want for me.’ He teased her.                                   

‘No, don’t do that,’ Audrey cried pitifully. She walked over to Felix. ‘I will look stupid if you do that.’ Then, she acted coy, as she tugged at his sleeve and placed her head on it. ‘Please, big brother, don’t bring her over yet… I truly like her but I’m not ready for our parent’s scolding. Gosh! It will be too embarrassing to scold me in front of that girl.’                                                                                                                 

Grinning broadly, Felix said with his lips curved up, ‘You want me not to bring the girl home just yet?’                                                                  

Audrey nodded.                                                                                        

Holding his chin up high like a proud young master, he said, ‘It’s not that I can’t, but you have to listen to what I have to say. If you do that my beautiful sister, then I will try not to bring her home and tell our parents what you did. Do you agree?’                                                                 

‘I agree,’ Audrey said, lifting her hand up in obedience.                   

‘As your big brother, you know I won’t push you to a tight corner or force you to do anything illegal…’      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...