Friday, January 22, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 92)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu



‘I know,’ said Audrey with a nod.                                                            

‘The thing is simple…’Felix smiled with his eyes. ‘From now on…well, you have to tell me more about the girl. I will love to pursue her myself.’                                                                                                                 

Audrey smiled. ‘I will help you in the best way I can.’                         

‘Okay.’ Felix pinched her nose lovingly. ‘You are almost eighteen which makes you an adult. Stop acting coy.’                                          

Audrey pouted. ‘What’s wrong with acting coy with you? You’re my big brother.’                                                                                                

Felix’s phone began to ring. He held it up to see who was calling but hung up on the person without a word.                                       

Audrey looked at him curiously. ‘Who was that?’                             

‘Jessica,’ Felix said. ‘She wants me to talk to Michael for her. You know I can’t do that. If Michael doesn’t like you, he doesn’t like.’                     

The phone started to ring again. He looked at the screen. It was Michael calling this time.                                                                                                  

‘Is Jessica still calling?’ 

‘Michael is the one calling.’ He lifted Audrey’s little hand and gave it a peck, and then he pushed his laptop away, and stood up. ‘I’m going to grab a bite with Michael.’ With that he grabbed his jacket and left.                                                                                                                                

Audrey headed upstairs, bumping into Celine by the stairs. Celine was wearing denim shorts, a pink tank top and a pair of non slip shoes. She was happily eating her box of ice cream sandwich.                    

‘Audrey,’ Celine greeted between bites.                                      

Audrey smiled up at Celine. ‘I have shopped for a bunch of clothes. Should the store send their dedicated person over to bring them, you know what to do?’             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...