Sunday, February 7, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 103)

   By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu



‘What?’ Chioma looked up.                                                                     

‘I know you have suitors wishing to have you. I know that what I’m about to say now look stupid and silly…but,’ Emeka went on, his voice becoming small. ‘But it seemed to me that your coming here to work was destined for me to know you well. Now I have understood why you got a job here. I know I can’t pay you enough…I want to tell you that…’he paused, unable to speak on. He was mustering his courage to tell her how he felt about her.                                                 

‘What?’Chioma was puzzled.                                                            

                     
‘Haven’t you guessed?’ said Emeka. ‘I have fallen in love with you, Chioma…’                                                                               

Emeka hadn’t known until this moment that he was going to utter the words, but as soon as he said them, they became true. He seemed shy after saying his feelings to her. But he was glad he did.                                                                                                    

Chioma was speechless, not knowing what to say to him. He was her boss, and should be careful not to anger him with words. ‘Sir…’                                                                                          

‘I know,’said Emeka. ‘But I simply can’t do anything about it. I know your heart belongs to another man even if you don’t say it. You’re so kind. And each day all I could think of is you. I wish it was me that you love…’Emeka stopped. ‘I just wished it was me.’                                                                               
Chioma was silent for a moment, turning her head away, she said, ‘Boss…’                                                                               

‘Don’t call me boss. It’s just the two of us here,’ Emeka smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...