Saturday, March 27, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 125)

  By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu 



‘How can I face such a man in the presence of everyone?’                                                                                                                 

‘This is just a few compare to the thousand you’ll face during your wedding with him.’                                                                          

Chioma didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. She slowly turned to look at Chisom. ‘You’re right…’she paused, doubting the possibility of Michael being hers… forever. ‘I have loved him the the moment I met him… but I don’t really know how to begin this journey with him. I want him for myself but can I really do it? Can I stand his posh family? I’m I qualified to even clean his shoes?’                   

Chisom smiled, and muttered, ‘women are very funny creatures, one moment outspoken, the next moment they become afraid to say all they had planned to say.’ Then, she walked closer to her, patting Chioma’s shoulder, she said softly to her friend, ‘it’s good that both of you haven’t had any serious relationship with anyone before. And you both fell in love with each other on your first meeting, isn’t it? I mean, you can dream about your future together, and plan how you’ll both build it into an empire.’

‘He already has an empire,’Chioma murmured.                                      

‘He wants you in the empire…Honestly, you’re blessed.’

Chioma felt joy and excitement bubbling up inside her like when she first tasted champagne. But she still felt that she was going to meet bumpy road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...