Sunday, March 28, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 132)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu           



Felix didn’t feel hurt at the sight but rather he hated her for spouting nonsense.                                                                                       


‘Are you the better woman for him?’                                                          

I just love him, Felix… I love Michael so much… I can’t do without him.’                     

‘Tell me slowly, okay? Because right now you’re looking like someone in a love rival movie. It’s thrilling watching you.’ Felix stood up and brought her a box of tissue. ‘Wipe your face.’                                                                                      

Without saying a word or rather like an obedient child, she drew out a tissue and wiped tears from her eyes.                                

‘Can you help me?’                                                                                  

‘No, Jessica. You’re my friend but I can’t help you with Michael… I just wish and hope that you don’t turn into a scheming bitch because of this. Just let it go. You will eventually find someone else… some day.’ Felix tried his best to console her.                                                                                                  

‘Since you can’t do anything, I should go.’                                            

‘Where are you headed?’                                                                        

‘I don’t know. I’m just confused, Felix. Maybe I’ll just have to walk around. I don’t want to go home yet.’ Tears filled her eyes afresh.                                                                                             

‘Will walking around solve anything?’ Felix asked with concern, and then he glanced at his watch. ‘It’s almost time to collect Celine from school,’ he muttered.                                                     

‘Let me be the one to do it,’Jessica said.                                                

Felix wanted to refuse but Jessica pleaded. Felix had no choice than to let her pick Celine from School. Jessica was no stranger to the Njemanze family anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...