Sunday, March 28, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 139)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu



‘I don’t need him to give me his heart completely. A little is enough for me,’Jessica said as more tears fell down her cheeks.                                                                                                        


‘You’re crying just because Michael rejected you? You really love him that much? Nothing is worth dying for.’   Sharon reached for her strawberry juice and  took sips.       

Chioma decided to pay her brother a surprise visit at his work place and at the same time tell him how she accepted Michael’s offer.  So, she left work earlier, heading to the garage where Andrew worked which was only yards along the street.                               

When she arrived at the garage, Andrew was working on a car in the garage. Alerted by her arrival from his co-worker, he looked up. ‘Chioma?’ At once his expression changed. ‘Has your boss fired you?’                                                                    

‘No, of course not. Why would he fire me?’                                     

‘Well, because you refused to love him back,’he teased her, reaching for a rag. He wiped his oily fingers, then glanced at her again. ‘If it’s not that you lost your job, what is it?’                        

‘I just wanted to pay you a visit. Why do you have to wish me bad luck?’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...