Sunday, March 28, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 140)

    By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu                         



‘I’m not wishing you lose your job, but I feel that will happen soon.’  

 Chioma frowned at him. 

‘Come on I’ll buy us snack.’ He put his arm around her shoulders.

‘What about your work…’she said as he began to lead her over to a snack shop.                                                                

‘Boss, wouldn’t mind. I can take a few minutes off, and that’s because the son of the president visited our shop today. I was the one that repaired his car,’ Andrew said proudly to his sister. He led her through the door and she paused in her tracks, staring round at the yummy shop.         

‘This is beautiful. Ain’t you afraid I might rip you off?’    

‘You can order whatever you want. The president’s son is here to pay.’Andrew pointed at Prince who was sitting in a corner, enjoying his snack with wine. He seemed busy with his phone. ‘I heard he is dating the younger sister of Audrey who just returned from the states.’                                                             

Chioma didn’t say a word. She only smiled, and then sat in an empty chair why Andrew ordered some snacks.             

‘You can give me your first pay packet, that will make me proud of you,’ Andrew joked, pulling a chair and sat down. ‘I just ordered a few snacks… I know you wanted to tell me something, what is it?’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...