Sunday, March 28, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 153)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu



 ‘Uncle Nicholas, this woman has all that I want and need in a woman. You don’t have to lecture me nor should you lecture your children. Everyone has right to choose whom to marry.’               

‘We still have right to reject those we don’t like for our children,’said Isabelle.                                                                                               

‘Aunt Isabelle is wrong to judge someone before you get to know them.’                                                                                  

‘I’m not judging you. But I still need you to consider your family. Marriage is a family affair not a personal affair.’             

‘But I am the only man to marry my wife, not family.’ Michael emphasized word for word.                                         

 ‘My point is, you should bring the girl home first. Your parents should get to know her first…’Isabelle said gently.                         

‘I don’t need to know her because I am sure not to like her.’ Patricia’s voice was without warmth.                                                   

‘Then, be sure to hate me too, mum.’ Michael stood up and left. He looked angry.                                                                           

After Michael was gone, Felix turned to Edward. ‘Uncle, why should you ruin such a lovely breakfast? I thought you knew how much Michael hates it when you try to force him to marry someone he didn’t like? He is a man, and has the right to choose any woman he wants… I truly don’t know who is the girl that Michael loves but I know he will never settle for anything that will ruin his life.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...