Sunday, March 28, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 152)

  By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu



‘Indeed? How would you feel if her life is ruined because of you?’                                                                                                   

Sensing the hidden meaning in Edwards words, Michael shot him a cold glance and said, ‘ Then, I will destroy the world.’    

Felix’s lips curved into a smile. He seemed proud of his cousin.                                                                                               

Patricia glanced at Michael expressionlessly.  Michael refused to meet her gaze.                                                         

 ‘As far as I know this family has built a century years of reputation. You don’t dare break that because of an ordinary woman. Son, I have always been proud of you. Don’t ruin that.’                                                                                                              

‘Edward, just let your son be. I know Michael’s a good boy. He will eventually come to his senses and perhaps marry Jessica.’ Nicholas was gentle with his speech, but Michael was hurt by it.

‘I will never marry Jessica. I will marry that lowly girl from the slums and nobody, I mean nobody will stop me.’ Michael said coldly.                                                                                   

‘You mean to go against us?’ Patricia spoke up.                         

‘If I need to, then I will.’                                                                 

          
‘You’re free to fall in love but the woman must be someone of reputable character…’Nicholas looked at Michael and said meaningfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...