Monday, May 3, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 253)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu



If we’re to relocate then you have to pay Moon Corporation hefty compensation,’ Michael reminded.                                                                            

The governor smiled. ‘I see you’re brave…well, we’ll still need to meet here on Friday after discussing with my commissioners.’                

‘His excellence, I know for sure that Emmanuel Nnaji is your friend as well as friend of the Njemanzes. I hope he didn’t ask you to do this because I never loved his daughter.’Michael stood up. ‘As a professional you have to separate business from personal matters. But if you insist to dance along with the drum, then, I will have no choice than to force your impeachment. I am not from Lagos state but I wield more power than you can imagine…’                                                                                           

‘This isn’t personal, is for the interest of my people.’                                      

‘I hope so. I hope you know that before Moon Corporation purchased that land for Lagos branch office here in Ikeja, there was a condition that states that no one has the right to move the company. Otherwise, he will be legally liable and have to pay hefty compensation.’ Smiling coldly, he added while leaning down. His scent reached the governor’s nostril. He smelled of Chanel cologne, which was sweet to inhale. ‘Let me remind you his excellency, you might think you’re immune from arrest because of your status, but I hope you had read the clauses as regards to the land purchased by Moon Corporation, you’ll be the one locked up despite what you think you are…to show a little bit of respect to you, I will have you impeached first, and don’t even think the president will help you.’Michael turned to leave.                  

                   
At that moment, the doorbell suddenly rang.                              

The governor shot a look at Robert and he quickly went to get the door. Robert was shocked to see Jessica at the door.                                   

‘What are you doing here?’Robert whispered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...