Saturday, May 15, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 280)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu 




 Andrew nodded. But deep down, he was nervous and didn’t know what to say to Felix. My sister already has a beau, he said in his head. Should I or should I not tell Felix about this?                                                

Felix got onto the driver’s seat and drove out of the police station. Shortly after they left the station, Felix received a call from Michael. He stuffed a wireless earpiece into his ear before picking up.

‘Felix, Audrey told me what happened. I am returning this evening to help search for the culprit. Moreover, I have ordered for the culprit to be brought to me in person,’ Michael’s attractive voice sounded from the other side of the line.

‘Is Jessica still in Lagos?’                                                                           

‘That bitch followed me to Lagos,’Michael coldly said. ‘Why do you ask?’                                                                                                           

‘Because the men pointed the crime to Nnaji…but then, I doubt if Jessica could do such a thing to my woman. Maybe she wanted to get her revenge on me for not helping her to have you…’                              

‘We will speak more when I return. And I promise to find evidence.’                                                                                                                     

‘I can handle it. Just stay there and finish your work,’Felix said.                                                                                                                       

‘By hurting your woman, they have gone against the Njemanze family!’                                                                                                       

‘And they will surely pay for it,’Felix said. ‘I will leave you to your work. Please, don’t come yet. Finish everything you have to do.’                     

‘Okay,’Michael said, hanging up on the call as he walked inside his study room in his Army green cotton suit, staring at the muted television which showed the latest financial news.                                               

‘Sir, can I ask you a question?’Andrew glanced to look at Felix who had stopped at a red light.                                                                              

‘No.’Felix refused him, pulling out the earpiece.                                                

‘I am going to ask a question that has been bothering me…’Andrew said calmly. ‘Because, I am afraid you may misunderstand and think badly of my sister.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...