Monday, December 20, 2021

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 298)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu




That same night Audrey and Celine were in the garden having some fresh air while eating strawberries as they sat in the rocking chair. Audrey couldn’t take her thoughts off from Louisa’s attitude today. She couldn’t comprehend completely why Louisa had Chioma discharged today. She wanted to know the main reason for doing what she did. She tried her best to connect the dots and find the right answer to her confusion. Perhaps, there was something Louisa didn’t want her to know. What could it be?                                                                       

  Suddenly, she got a Whatsapp message. Quickly, she took out her phone to know who had sent her the message. Maybe, it was answers for her confusion. But no, the message had come from Jessica.             

‘How is your brother’s girlfriend doing?’Jessica asked.                            

‘How did you know about it?’Audrey was surprised.                                  

‘Sharon told me about it,’Jessica replied with a laughing emoji. But Audrey felt that Jessica was mocking her brother. She remembered what Prince told her about Chioma having a relationship with Michael. Audrey glanced at Celine who was listening to music with her pink unicorn headphones. ‘Did Prince tell you more about Chioma?’Audrey waved a hand at Celine’s face and asked.                                   

  Celine pulled out her headphones. ‘I wasn’t interested in listening to stories that touches the heart.’Celine rolled her eyes at Audrey. ‘If you want me to get interested with this soap-opera-like-story, then tomorrow you will have to treat me to the new seafood restaurant in Wuse…but sadly, Prince and I have a date tomorrow after school. We are going to the movies tomorrow, he had bought the tickets. If I don’t go, Prince won’t be happy. I know you know how despicable it is to be stood up. I rather not invite Chioma. I’m afraid she would give top ten reasons why she can’t come. That friend of yours looks innocent but she is good with playing game of love. I don’t hate her, but will, if she hurts my brother.’ With that, Celine stood up and left the garden.                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...