Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 321)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu



After freshening up, Andrew changed into his clothes and returned home. When he pushed the front door open, he saw Chioma eating papaya at the dining as though the news of today wasn’t at all bothering her.                                                                                                              

‘Chioma, how are you feeling?’                                                              

‘Are you ashamed of me?’Chioma replied with a question.                         

  ‘I am proud of you,’Andrew honestly said.                                           

Chioma put down the papaya and stood up. She smiled tenderly at her brother. ‘I know you must have seen the news. I wish none of these ever happened. I wish I had the courage to have told Felix that I had…’                                                                                                                  

‘He never gave you the chance, and you never gave him false hope. He was the one forcing his love on you. You didn’t lie when you told Audrey that you hadn’t a boyfriend. Then, you said the truth. Even though you love Michael so much, he had forcibly made you his girlfriend. I know you didn’t regret accepting him. I know you love him so much…Felix wanted to forcibly do the same to you but he was unfortunate.’                                                                                                            

  ‘I love Michael more.’  She paused, looking at her brother who was staring at her with tenderness in his eyes. ‘Michael and I were about to announce our relationship…’                                                                                 

  ‘I know all these, little sister. I also know that he offered to give you a job. If you had received the job, your career would advance in leaps and bounds, but, other people would think that you used Michael for your own selfish benefit, so, because of that, you rejected him. I am your elder brother, and it is my duty to protect you. Whatever happens, I will stay by your side.’ He walked over and hugged Chioma, reassuring her that everything will turn out good.                                         

During dinner all three of them sat down to eat a scrumptious ofe ede with akpu.  Chioma hadn’t had her fill from the papaya she ate. She was hungry and perhaps regretted not eaten at the high-end restaurant Michael had brought her to. But right now, she couldn’t wait to dig in. she washed her hands in a small bowl at the middle of the table and began to devour the food ravenously.                                      

‘Chioma, you are all over the news now. You should pay attention to your image. You look like you haven’t eaten since you were born,’Louisa frowned at Chioma as she said.                                                            

Chioma laughed. ‘What image should I pay attention to? I am from a lowly home. Those who pay attention to their image are celebrities. Image is worth nothing,’said Chioma as she chewed a big mouthful of meat.                                                                                                               

‘No matter how big of an eater Chioma is, Michael will still love her. Michael loves my sister not because she’s ugly or beautiful; he loves her because she is Chioma Chima.’                                                              

Louisa glanced at Chioma but didn’t say anything. She had heard the news, but didn’t get mad at Chioma. She knew Chioma was Innocent of those accusations.                                                                                           

When they were done with eating, Chioma cleared the table. Andrew went to the living room to watch TV while Louisa went to her bedroom.                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...