Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 337)

 

During noon of the following day, a black Rolls-Royce slowly parked in front of Star Restaurant. Audrey exited the car, followed by two bodyguards and a chauffeur. One of the bodyguards held a purple-trimmed umbrella over her head, causing her to look more like a princess.    

                  

  Audrey was someone that loves driving herself but today, she decided to appear this way, perhaps to teach Chioma a small lesson of status. 

                 

  She looked very stylish, dressed in a wide-legged trouser paired with a purple pussy-bow blouse. She had paired the look with a small top-handled bag and black pumps. Audrey had a winning face as always, and was exuding the aura of a Duchess or princess. She had always loved to dress like the Duchess of Cambridge, so most of her outfits were more like Kate Middleton’s or sometimes like Meghan Markle’s, the Duchess of Sussex.  

  

When Chioma saw her at the door of the restaurant, she glanced at her and lowered her head, smiling. She was happy Audrey came to see her despite refusing not to come.                                                    

Audrey walked over to her. ‘Chioma,’she spoke first. There was no anger in her voice.                                                                                                  

Then, Chioma glanced up to look at Audrey whose expression was unreadable.                                                                                    

‘Miss Chioma, I didn’t come here to be friends with you. I had come here to thank you for hurting my brother. I trust that you must have seen movies were such scenes happen. Anyway, I didn’t come here to waste time bickering with you, as I am going home to relax.’      

Chioma smiled at her. ‘Ain’t you going to pick Celine from school? I could help you do that why you head back home and relax.’                      

‘Chioma, I understand what you’re going through, and to feel normal, you want to become friends with me.’                                                 

‘I can understand if you blame me for everything.’                            

  ‘Thank you for your understanding; I won’t bother being your friend again.’                                                                                                                   

Audrey’s face might not be ice cold, but she didn’t look happy with Chioma.                                                                                                                  

‘As a human being you didn’t consider another persons feelings, so what is the point being friends with you anymore. You succeeded in hurting everyone.’                                                                              

‘If you can’t and won’t forgive me, can you please forgive and accept Daniel back?’                                                                                                                 

‘Did you invite me here to tell me this?’Audrey crossed her arms around her chest and looked at her. ‘You were the mastermind and he was your accomplice. How can I forgive you two so easily?’                       

‘I know…I know that after hearing that I have a beau, you have become prejudiced against me; I don’t’blame you, really. I’m still asking for your forgiveness, Audrey. I didn’t lie to you when you asked me if I had a boyfriend…’                                                                                                              

‘Which means you belong to my brother, and not Michael?’                      

‘I met Michael before I met your brother…’                                          

‘I understand everything. You met my cousin before you met my brother, and in your heart you have wanted Michael to make you his woman.'

Chioma nodded.                                                                                                         

‘You wanted his money or his love?’                                                                         

Chioma looked Audrey straight in the eye. ‘I guess you know the right answer because you’re also seeing someone.’                                           

Audrey turned away her face and said, ‘My brother is a man who every woman desires, a gift from GOD. But then, you rejected him. Instead, you are dreaming of another man.’                                               

With a loving tone, Chioma said, ‘in my heart, we are the same…I’ll be happy with Michael even if he is poor. I don’t care of his prestigious status; I simply love him more than anything in this world. I know you love Daniel the same.’                  

                

‘I am glad you said this to me. Thank you.’ With that Audrey turned and left. She seemed not angry with Chioma anymore. Audrey had seen countless people, and through the times she had interacted with Chioma, she felt her sincerity.                                                                              

Inside the car, the chauffeur asked her, ‘You seem not mad at Chioma anymore.’                                                                                                   

‘I will admit I was sad when I heard she had a boyfriend but that doesn’t mean I will hate her for the rest of my life. Besides, quarreling with Chioma wouldn’t give me a cent worth of advantage.’                     

‘That girl must have both a high IQ and a high EQ, and no one could get the high ground confronting her.’                                                                             

‘What do you mean?’                                                                              

‘She won Sir Michael’s love because of her qualities, and no one would dare defeat her,’the chauffeur said as he started the car.                         

Audrey rolled her eyes. ‘You’re silly sometimes.’                                    

The chauffeur laughed at Audrey’s statement, then asked, ‘Ma’am, are you going home or…?’                                                                                            

Audrey looked down at her watch, it was only one thirty. She said, ‘I don’t have classes now, I feel like going to Daniel, but if I do go to him he might think I have forgiven him.’                                                    

‘Oh, what’s wrong with him thinking that, Ma’am?’ The chauffeur teased with a smile.                                                                                        

Before Audrey could reply, someone suddenly sent her a video chat request. She looked at the screen of her phone and saw that the ID on her screen was my heartbeat, along with a photo of Daniel, which looked dashing.                                                                                                       

The chauffeur smiled when he noticed the blushing glow on Audrey’s face. Audrey accepted the video chat and lowered the volume. Not feeling comfortable with the bodyguards in the car, she put her earpiece into her ear.                                                                                     

‘Hey, Daniel,’Audrey greeted casually.                                                                 

  Daniel was glad Audrey didn’t give him the silent treatment today. ‘Have you had lunch?’Daniel’s voice was gentle and loving.                            

‘Not yet.’                                                                                                             

‘Let’s go to a restaurant and have lunch, you need to have lunch,’Daniel said, his eyes smiling.                                                                           

‘Do you want to hang out with me, thereby secretly boasting to your friends? Do you know to go home and eat from your mother’s pot?’                                                                                                                                          

‘Even if I go home, I’ll still feel like eating out with you. That’s because I really want to talk to you and explain things. I want to see you, not in video call but your real face. Please, let me see you.’ Daniel sounded wronged. His tone was full of sorrow.                                                    

‘Maybe, when I can really face you we’ll hang out together.’                            

‘I’ll patiently wait for you…I miss you,’Daniel said as he stared at Audrey through the phone.                                                                                             

‘Maybe I miss you too.’                                                                                     

‘Just maybe?’Daniel objected.                                                                          

‘Hm…I am still giving you the silent treatment.’                                  

‘I know…but please, make me happy.’                                                     

‘I miss you so much, I miss you to death but I am still alive…Does that make you happy?’She pouted.                                                                  

‘Very much,’Daniel chuckled.                                                                           

‘That’s the end of our friendship, bye.’                                                                 

 Daniel chuckled even more, and as he was about to respond, Audrey immediately hung up. She thought that Daniel would call her back after she hung up, but to her disappointment, Daniel didn’t call back.                                         

‘Why didn’t he call back? Don’t all men woo their women like that? I hung up on him, he should have called back to woo me even more,’she grumbled. ‘Maybe, he’s busy.’she tried to convince herself, even though she was disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...