Friday, December 24, 2021

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 385)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu




‘So happy today…’Julia said in satisfaction. ‘Today is so refreshing, and blessed that I even got the chance to ride with you. We must drink some champagne to celebrate. Just the thought of Chioma’s crying face makes me want to take a photo of it and show it to her so she can see how ugly she is.’                                                                                                         

Emmanuella turned around to look at Julia from the passenger seat. She smiled, knowing it was also Julia’s heart desire so that she could have Nathan.                                                                                                    

‘Chioma, wanted to compete with me in the game of love, but she has totally failed. Now that Michael is back to me, I will make arrangements for the wedding gown I had chosen.’                                                

When Jessica arrived with Julia and Emmanuella, the maids welcome them with respect. Then, the three sat on the living room couches casually drinking some red wine. ‘Jessica, can you ask your maids to cook for us? I hate the taste of food from Star Restaurant, but still went there because I wanted to anger Chioma. But now that Michael is all yours, I feel like washing off the rice I ate over there.’           

‘But, I don’t want to eat anything…’Jessica leaned against the couch lazily. ‘But then, to celebrate me retrieving what originally belonged to me, I will cook. However, after today, if any of you come here thinking I would cook for you, I will rub mud on your face.’                      

Inside the luxury white kitchen, Jessica happily cooked. Julia and Emmanuella came over to help her do the vegetables.                                             

‘My parents will be so happy to hear this good news,’ Jessica said as she washed the fish in her hands.                                                                        

‘You are so powerful, I’m starting to get scared,’Emmanuella said as she chopped the carrots.                                                                                            

Jessica laughed but didn’t say a word. She glanced at the onions, carrots, turnip, potatoes and a halved leek that lay in a small pile on a chopping board, and said after a while, ‘You two are delightfully domesticated.’                                                                  

  ‘Oh, we’ve leaned a lot with our smartphones. Every day we try to learn new dishes,’ Emmanuella told Jessica proudly. When the vegetables were in the pot she dried her hands and reached for the fridge. ‘I’ll have some milk, I am really hungry.’

 When they were done cooking, the three of them sat down to their delicious meal, relishing the food as they drank the red wine Jessica had brought from their wine cellar.                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...