Monday, December 27, 2021

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 400)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu





 Felix entered his office and was surprised to see Jessica crying her eyes out as she sat down on the couch.                                                              

Felix turned to look at Jessica, with a slight frown on his face. ‘What are you doing here?’                                                                                             

‘Michael that I love so much hates me for no reason…’Jessica turned her face to him and cried, hoping to get his sympathy.                     

Peter said, ‘Madam Jessica, if you don’t tell my boss the main reason why you are crying, how can he help you?’                                                       

‘Why does he hate you?’ Felix stared into her eyes and asked, word for word.                                                                                                                  

‘I…Felix, I think it’s because I love him so much…but should loving him too much be the reason he would want to stop doing business with us? How could Michael embarrass my family like that? He is my childhood friend. It’s only fair if he loves me in return.’                                      

  ‘From what I know, Michael wouldn’t hate you for no reason. If he was mad enough to stop your family from doing business with Moon Corporation, then you people must have done something unforgivable.’                                                                                                    

 Dumbfounded, Jessica looked at Felix. She was surprised that they quickly found out the threats that she lashed on Chioma. ‘Felix, it’s not what you think…’                                                                         

‘Really?’ Felix scoffed.                                                                                       

‘I didn’t ask her to relocate with her family…’                                      

‘But you forced her to give up her relationship with Michael. Your father threatens her with demolition as well as her neighbours. What do you expect anyone in her shoes to do, if not to save her family and friends from harm’s way? You tried to get rid of Chioma once, but you failed. How dare you. You probably think that since you are Michael’s childhood friend and the daughter Imo State governor nothing will happen to you, right?’                                                                                                  

Jessica rose up from the couch, glared angrily at Felix and retorted, ‘Just because I played a nasty prank on Chioma, Michael is going to ruin me?’                                                                                                  

‘You are not worth my time, ‘Michael said, and Felix and Jessica turned to the door to see Michael.                                                                         

‘Michael, what are you saying? I’m not worth your time? Then why did you come here? You knew I was here and you came to see me.’            

Michael scoffed. ‘I’m taking down the entire Nnaji family trash...after I take down your father and mother, the Nnaji family will have nothing standing. And you know that if I take down your family, you will be nothing. I don’t need to waste my time to deal with you.’

‘Michael, ‘Jessica cried. ‘How can you be so heartless towards me? I have loved you with all my heart and all my soul; you should love me back as well. It’s only fair, right? Why don’t you love me back? Do you know how much pain I feel because of you?’ she clutched her heart as if in pain and groaned. ‘I am willing to give you my all…but why. Why are you severely punishing me?’                                                                                     

‘Because you came after the woman I so much love and cherish,’ Michael’s answer was like a very hot slap to her face.                                           

‘You are willing to ruin my family because of her?’ Jessica was furious.                                                                                                           

Michael didn’t respond, instead he turned to Felix and said, ‘Get ready tomorrow, we will go together.’ With that said, Michael turned and left.

 Felix understood what he meant and smiled slightly. He was going to Lagos tomorrow with Michael to find Chioma. He was glad Michael involved him in this.                                                              
‘Felix, please…help me talk to Michael. My family will suffer.’                           

Felix smirked. ‘Now you realise that without the backing of your family, you would be left with nothing. Michael isn’t going after you alone; he is also going after Nnaji family…’                                                            

  ‘All thanks to Chioma. She is the reason for all these.’ Hatred bubbled in Jessica’s heart. I should have gone for that idiot’s life instead! She mockingly looked at Felix. ‘Brave men would have made use of the opportunity before them. But you are a fool, Felix. You support a man that has the heart of the woman that you love…’                   

  ‘Jessica, there are hundreds of humiliating slaps awaiting you. But if I were you, I would do something to stop most of them.’ He turned to leave the office, but as if he remembered something, he paused in his tracks and turned around. ‘When you are done crying, you can grab a tissue and gently wipe away your tears to avoid ruining your face which you today stupidly painted with a thick layer of makeup.’ Then, he left the office. As soon as he did, his expression became icy. It was obvious that he hated women like Jessica, who would do anything to get what they want.            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...