Wednesday, December 29, 2021

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 443)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu


Celine got back to her dorm after classes, and as she made for her door, she saw Prince squatting, drinking banana milk.  

‘Celine!’ he said with a smile as he started to stand up. He was tall and he looked cute as always. ‘I feel so tired after a long boring day in class, but I am still enjoying it because our professors know what they are doing.’                                                                                                        

‘I’m sure you’re hungry,’ Celine said, taking out her key to open the door. 

‘I’m starving too.’ Her stomach growled as she opened the door and closed it quickly when Prince entered. She immediately grabbed her protein bars and crawled into the corner of her bed.                     

Prince opened a window, it was warm out. He turned to Celine. ‘Maybe we go to Lamont café in the undergraduate library?’     

‘Let’s go for dinner instead,’ Celine rose from her bed. ‘Let’s have dinner at Annerberg hall after which we will go to Lamont café. Catherine’s having dinner at Maher with her cousin. ’

The left the room and headed for the dining.                                       

  ‘My brother wants us to return for Moon Corporation annual party,’ Celine told Prince as they went to an empty table with their trays.         

 ‘That’s fine with me, if you want that as well,’Prince said as he poked at his mashed potatoes.                                                                          

‘I want my roommate to come as well.’                                                              

Prince raised an eyebrow. ‘Do you like her that much?’                       

Celine nodded. ‘I do.’ She took a bite of her roast beef and potatoes.                                                                                                              

 ‘Is she going to leave her classes…?’                                                       

‘It’s fine. Everything is under control. Catherine will feel bored if I don’t go with her.’                                                                                   

‘Can we just leave the annual party since it isn’t end of the year anyway…?’                                                                                                  

‘You don’t want her to come?’                                                                       

‘I don’t just want her to hear the scandals back home…’                      

  Celine laughed. ‘Everyone knows about the love triangle or should I call it square love. No matter how we try to hide our identity, my course mates were still able to figure out. They know that my mother is the CBN governor and my father, the senate president. They also know that you’re my boyfriend and the son of the president. You know that the white man way of thinking isn’t like our puffy-brain thinking.’ 

Prince took small bite of his mashed potatoes. ‘Let’s return for your sixteenth birthday instead.’                                                                                   

  Celine shrugged. ‘I’m good with your decision. I will have to tell my big brother that we won’t be coming back because we need to focus on our studies.’                                                                                                      

Meanwhile, at Mather Hall, Catherine watched as the sun set over Charles River while having dinner with her cousin. It was indeed a beautiful sight to behold.

 


Upon receiving the Moon Corporation annual party, which was for both 2019 and 2020 that was skipped due to Michael’s order, Jessica felt like the luckiest girl in the world. Patricia had asked Robert to deliver three invitations to Jessica and her parents.                                           

She was determined to dress the best so that Michael would never have to resist her charming beauty. Happy for this, she went shopping and bought so many things for herself and for Sharon. Reaching home she ran Sharon to come over to her house.                                  

Half an hour later, Sharon arrived at Jessica’s mansion in her black Maserati. Upon seeing Jessica’s happy expression, she couldn’t help but to tease her, ‘You have finally finished a pot of food, it seems…’                                                                                                                                   ‘Sharon, please don’t tease me like that,’ Sharon pouted.                       

‘Did you win a lottery?’ Sharon glanced at the shopping bags and asked.                                                                                                            

‘I have something better…I can’t hide anything from you. I was invited to Moon Corporation annual party for the missed two years.’                                                                                                                            

 ‘Wow! You must be a lucky girl to be allowed to go despite everything.’                                                            

‘Michael didn’t invite me but Aunt Patricia asked Robert to give me three invites for me and my parents.’ Her smiling face was replaced by anger. ‘I want so badly to use this party to my advantage and be able to completely destroy Chioma once and for all…there will be famous people from all different companies attending and plenty of reporters. I will really have to make use of this opportunity, Sharon. There are rumours going around that there will be a special guest…but I don’t know who it is yet…Chioma shouldn’t dream of going…she can’t be this special guest…’     

 ‘She is,’ Sharon said. ‘Her mother and brother are coming too and you can’t do anything about it.’                                                                   

  ‘Look, even if Chioma is transformed from a low class breed to a high class one, she will always remain a dog and I will always treat her the way that I want.’ Jessica stood up to go to the kitchen for some refreshment.                              

As Jessica turned her back, Sharon spoke up, ‘Sharon, don’t you think that Michael left you unpunished because he wanted to see if you could change?’                                                                                                              

Jessica froze as an uneasy look swept across her face. She turned and said to Sharon, ‘Did Michael say that to you?’ 

‘Jess, you are my best friend, don’t do crazy things that will destroy your family. Let Chioma be. She hasn’t done anything to you…Michael doesn’t love and he will never you.’                                                       

  ‘Sharon, are you jealous that I was invited to the party?’Jessica tried her best to remain calm but she was really burning with rage inside.                                                                                                              

‘How will I be jealous of you? I have my own invites as well…I see that you thoroughly want to ruin yourself, I guess I can’t stop you.’                             

Sharon had no idea that she was still standing in this mansion because Michael decided to honour the request of Sharon. If Jessica crosses the line this time, Michael would never forgive her. He would make sure she got her punishment.                                                         

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...