Sunday, January 10, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 59)

   By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu              


‘Son, why didn’t you pick me up from the airport?’ Edward suddenly asked.                                                                                                                             

‘Didn’t mum tell you why?’ Michael glanced at his father and asked.                                                                                                                                         

‘She did. But I want to hear it from you.’                                                 

A female servant brought some tea and a tea set and placed it onto the marbled table before them.                                                                           

Edward glanced around and saw Jessica sitting not far from them, eating fruits. ‘Come here, Jessica.’ Edward gestured at Jessica and she went to them.                                                                          

‘Uncle… Michael might not want me here,’ Jessica said, glancing at Michael.                                                                                                           

‘My father wants you not me.’ Michael controlled himself from sneering at Jessica.                                                                                             

‘Uncle, is there anything you want to talk to me about?’ Jessica asked, placing the fruit bowl on the table, and then she sat down.

‘You’re my future daughter-in-law, why would you feel afraid?’ Edward sipped at his tea as he slowly said.                                             

The corners of Michael’s mouth curled into a smile. ‘Do you have another son aside from me?’                                                                            

‘You of course,’ Edward said. His voice might seem gently but it was domineering.                                                                                               

‘Michael, you and I have been betrothed since we were children… you can’t do anything about it, Idiot. If I were you, I would start planning for our marriage,’ Jessica said and left in a huff.           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...