Saturday, March 27, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 122)

  By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu



 Star Restaurant had never been a luxurious restaurant, and hadn’t been welcomed by rich folks except for Audrey and a few other girls who had visited the restaurant lately. Anyone would wonder why someone as powerful as Michael was doing here.

If Chioma could remember, she told Michael to give her one week to prepare her mind and give him an answer. But then, this man’s appearance gave her no time to prepare. Perhaps, he wasn’t here for her. Chioma’s mind kept racing with thoughts.                    

‘That’s Michael Njemanze, the new CEO of Moon Corporation,’Daniel said and Chioma glanced at him. ‘I’m pretty sure he went here to see you. Perhaps, he wants to propose to you. I know that I… I want to make you my woman since I broke up with my woman,’ he paused. ’But I can’t stand against this man. I’m not his rival.’                                       

‘How could the CEO of an empire come for a girl from a lowly birth? No, he isn’t looking for me,’ she whispered, blushing. ‘He probably is looking for someone like Audrey…’

As if to answer her doubts, Michael said in a magnetic voice, ‘Chioma Chima, I’m here for you.’                                                                   

Chioma slightly trembled when she had this seductive voice, and as she gazed at the man at the door, she wanted to reach out and hug him. The glow radiating off of his body made it impossible for anyone not to stare at him. He was gracefully tall, looking dashing in his outfit, and his short hair looked grand on him. It was as though he just walked out from a painting.          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...