Sunday, April 25, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 208)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu



 ‘Who could have done this?’Chioma asked Chisom who just arrived, wearing a brght blue dress with her hair styled down. On Chisom’s wrist was a cheap bracelet she had recently bought from a street vendor.

                      
‘I’m sure it must have been Michael, no one else would boldly do this without Sir Emeka notice,’Chisom analysised. ‘Why not call him to confirm?’                                                                                                              

Chioma took out her phone from her bag and dialed Michael’s number. She could hear the phone ringing not far from her, and slowly she turned around to see Michael, wearing a high-end Chanel dark- blue suit with a light-blue tie and a pair of matching shoes. He was so handsome that Chioma couldn’t stop staring at him.                          

Chisom playfully coughed, and then swiftly headed inside. Michael walked up to Chioma who was still staring at him.                                       

‘Am I that very handsome that you can’t take your eyes off me?’Michael teased her and she looked away, blushing. He looked at her lovingly, and then pulled her into a warm embrace. ‘I will be leaving for Lagos tomorrow,’he paused, and gently lifted her head. ‘I’ll be home in three weeks time.’                                                                                                                   

‘But that’s far away!’ suddenly Chioma felt quite tearful at the thought of being without him. She clung to him. ‘I’m going to miss you,’she murmured.                                                                                                    

‘There’s a serious problem that I need to rectify at our Lagos branch office which will take me for like three weeks… I will return to you once I am done, okay?’                                                                                             

‘Okay.’ Chioma nodded. She knew that it was an emergency and he was needed there, or else Michael wouldn’t be this worried to go there.                                                                                                                                                
‘Hope you like the flowers?’ Michael asked looking down at her face while stroking her hair gently.                                                                           

‘I like it, but then, you should have just called me to inform me you were leaving for Lagos instead of coming over.’      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...