Monday, May 3, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 233)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu 



After the cutting of the eighteen- tier bluish pink cake adorned with roses and butterflies, with a crown on top, the guests began helping themselves to a variety of food at the reception area of the same Paradise Hotel. A long buffet table filled with food was set up in walking distance from the guest tables. Anyone who wanted to eat went over to the buffet location and filled up their plates to take back to their decorated tables. Happily the guests went back and forth as they like. There was so much to eat and drink.        

              
This buffet menu style was a perfect way for Chioma to try a little bit of everything, and perfect for picky eaters, but then, Chioma wasn’t a picky eater. She was in fact a little eating machine. She wanted to try everything; from the main course to the desserts.                                    

‘Chioma, you really want to try everything. You will wake up into a pig by tomorrow.’Chisom swept a gaze at Chioma in disbelief at the large portion of food before her, glancing at her figure from head to toe.                                                                                                           
‘Didn’t you say we should enjoy tonight, for we might never have another opportunity,’Chioma said with food in her mouth.                          

‘But I didn’t say we should be greedy, right?’                                                 

‘How am I greedy? Food just tastes good… what’s wrong if I try everything here?’                                                                                                         

‘You’ll turn into a pig. Unfortunately, you weren’t born in the year of the pig.’                                                                                                              

Chioma stuffed food into her mouth, smiling she said, ‘I’m glad you still care about me. But I promise you one thing, I won’t get fat, and I am qualified to eat anything I want to eat without getting fat,’she pouted. ‘I still have my slender figure, a tiny waist and graceful curves.’                                                                                                                                               
Chisom almost spat out the wine in her mouth while laughing at what Chioma said. Then she said after a moment, ‘Okay, Miss Slender, I’ll help you get as many foods as you want, and we’ll see if you won’t get fat and choke to death.’                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...