Saturday, May 15, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 255)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu



When Jessica drove back to Pearl Hotel after Michael rejected the food she had bought for him and Robert, she heard laughter as soon as she pulled out her room card from her bag. Was it the laughter of a hyena? Jessica wondered, glancing around. She was about to run out when a young lady wearing a printed black and white dress with black espadrilles, suddenly came out of her hiding with her head lowered.                   

‘I’m starving.’ The young woman’s voice was pleasant and somewhat familiar.

                       

Jessica looked up to see the face clearly, she took a deep breath when she realised who it was. ‘Sharon, how could you scare the hell out of me? I nearly peed in my pant.’                                         

Sharon laughed. ‘You nearly but didn’t do it...’                                            

Jessica rolled her eyes at Sharon, and then turned to open the door.                                                                                                                    

‘You bought so many foods,’ Sharon said when she saw several bags containing delicious foods.                                                            

‘I had bought them for Michael but as usual he turned me down,’Jessica coldly said as she reached to carry the bags inside. Sharon helped her with some of the bags and they walked inside.                                

‘Jess, how much longer are you going to torment yourself? I have already told you to forget about him, why hurt yourself over and over again, unless you intend to leave the rest of your life in misery. Would you want that?’

                  
Jessica’s fist tightened on one of the bags she was carrying, taking a deep breath before turning to look at Sharon. ‘I won’t give Michael up. I love him... I love him so much that I can’t help but reminisce about him. I love him so much that I couldn’t help being a fool just for…him. I love him so much… I love him so much that I left Sharton Hotel to Pearl Hotel just so I could be close to him…I left Abuja, left everything in my schedule to do just to draw close to him…’ she paused as tears stole into her eyes. ‘I won’t give up now.’                                        

Sharon was silent, not knowing how to console her friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...