Saturday, May 15, 2021

The moment I met you (Chapter 261)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu


Chioma blushed.                                                                                                


‘Why do you want to suddenly want the world to know?’Michael asked, intrigued. ‘Are you encountering other suitors?’  

 Chioma was silent, not knowing what to say.                                         

‘What’s wrong?’Michael chuckled, and then asked after a moment of silence, ‘Before you became my girlfriend, how did you think I would be like?’                                                                                                         

‘Just the way you are…’                                                                             

Michael frowned. ‘You didn’t see me as a ruler with complete control over the life and death of those under me, a person without compassion.’               

 ‘I know you’re just what you said, but then, since I became your woman, you have shown me your true self, and I love you…’Chioma smiled.                                                                                                                 

‘I have ordered midnight snacks for you to bring home…’                                 

Chioma was surprised for a moment, she was speechless. It turned out that since Michael left for Lagos, he had been ordering afternoon tea, which she ate in the restaurant and midnight snacks, which she brought home, for her. And they had been her favourites.                          

‘What’s it? You don’t want me to take good care of you?’               

Just as Chioma was about to reply, a young man smartly dressed in a blue and black uniform appeared before her holding exquisite bags. He looked up at Chioma. ‘Miss Chioma, these came from Sir Michael,’ he said with a smile.                  


On the other side of the line, Michael listened. He heard the voice of the delivery boy and said calmly, ‘Make sure to always eat and be healthy.’                                                                                                           

 ‘Mhm,’Chioma said to Michael, then glanced over at the delivery boy, signing that she had accepted the snacks, she nodded for him to leave.                                                                                                                  

 ‘Remember what you promised, once I return I will announce our relationship. But before then, don’t get too close to another man.’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...