Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 324)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu


After having his morning shower and dressed gorgeously for work, Michael walked out of his room with his work briefcase and bumped into Patricia who was just coming upstairs to call him for breakfast.

 ‘Michael, you should come and join us for breakfast.’                         

With an unreadable expression, he said, ‘I will eat when I get to the office.’                                                                                                                     

‘Your father wants us to eat together.’                                                            

‘So that he could bring up last night topic, I don’t want to hear more of his reprimands and why Chioma is too lowly for me. I rather go to work and soak myself in it, than having breakfast with your suggestions of me marrying that silly girl.’                                                          

  Patricia stepped to one side for him to pass. Robert that had come over the house didn’t say anything. He only carried the briefcase from Michael.                                                                                                                                     

As they walked out, Robert said, ‘Sir Michael, your parents might find it hard to accept Chioma.’                                                                        

‘Not my problem, but theirs.’ Michael twirled the car key on his elegant finger as they walked towards the garage.                                                     

‘Do you think it’s a good idea to bring Chioma soon to see your parents?’

 ‘Shut up with your nonsense…I will have to drive.’                                       

‘I should be the one to drive you.’                                                 

  ‘If you insist then I will make you crawl to Moon Corporation.’Tossing these words, Michael pressed unlock button on the key and got into a beautiful red Porsche race car.                                                     

  ‘I will die before reaching.’Robert crumbled his face as those he was going to cry.’                                                                                                            

‘Then shut up and get to the passenger seat.’                                         

Robert obediently went to the passenger seat while Michael sat on the driver’s seat. Starting the car, he drove out of the villa, heading towards Moon Corporation.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...