Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 325)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu




 During break at Diamond Snow Secondary School, Celine was asked to come to the principal’s office by the school’s messenger. As Celine reached the principal building, she gracefully went over the principal’s office, carrying her new small rucksack from Chanel, which was the limited edition model.

                   

Upon seeing her at the door, the principal broke into a soft smile, then, gestured at the students at her office to leave. They bowed and left the office for Celine and the principal.                                    

 

At the wall of the office, Celine could see the photographs of her siblings, Michael and other students. Also, there were photographs of some government officials in the office.The office was well furnished and airy.         

As the principle went to the restroom, Celine was served juice and fruits by the principle’s assistant. She was sitting at the sofa with her long legs crossed, and as she was about lifting the juice to her lips, the principal reappeared again. She looked smart in her outfit.                         

‘Principal, may I know why you sent for me?’ Celine asked.                            

‘Nothing much, I just want to know how you’re doing.’                                     

 ‘I am doing very fine.’                                                                                        

The principal smiled. ‘I was wondering that perhaps there is something you might be needing…you know as a transfer student, previously from a prestigious American school with outstanding grades, maybe you are still finding it difficult to adjust.’                         

              

‘Principal, don’t worry you’re doing well as the principal of this school. I’m sure that no one is going to remove you. You will retire at the right time.’Celine knew why she had called her over, so she decided to go straight to the point for her.                                                                            

The principal felt a little embarrassed. She reached for her black-rimmed glasses and wore it. Perhaps, she was trying to shield her face from the embarrassment.                                                                             

  ‘Even in the next coming Principal election, I will root for you. We’re having our Student Union meeting tomorrow. I will talk about this.’                                                                                                                      

The principal smiled and asked after a moment of silence, ‘Can my daughter join the student Union?’                                                                   

‘Although Prince is the president of the Student Union, I still have authority to answer your question. I believe you know what it means to be in Diamond Snow Student Union?’                                                                   

The principal smiled awkwardly but didn’t answer. Perhaps she was expecting Celine to repeat what it meant to join the Student Union of this great school.

                 

 ‘Since you want to hear it from me I will explain. Of course, I know you know that the Student Union of this school is a gathering of students from the most influential backgrounds…’                                                   

‘I’m aware of that, Miss Celine. I know that with such rules my daughter is not qualified to join the Student Union…but then, I really want my daughter to join because she would have the chances to interact with the cream of the crop of the wealthy families.’

 Your daughter is very intelligent, yes. But she is not qualified to join the Student Union membership. I’m sorry; I can’t grant that request of yours.’ 

  Just then a female teacher respectively knocked on the door, handing the principle a document, she left the office.                                              

‘If you’re to ask me the progress here, I won’t say that the progress here is faster than the curriculum overseas. Everything here seem the same with abroad.’Celine slowly stood up. ‘I should go. I have my books to review.’                                                                                                    

The principal nodded. She even walked her to the door. Celine walked to their class entrance. Upon hearing a group of students talking about Michael, Felix, Audrey, Jessica and Chioma, she ignored them and went into the class.                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...