Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 328)

 By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu


About ten minutes later, they finally reached Diamond Gardens. As the gates automatically opened for their car, the maids in sight greeted them respectively.                                                                                            

As they walked inside, Audrey’s phone began ringing again but she didn’t pick up. Celine tossed her rucksack on the living room couch, then, went straight to the fridge for a chilled drink and strawberry cake while Audrey went to her room which was a pink princess room just like Celine’s. Her room was looking supper grand. Everything was pale pink, including the dolls. The potted plants on the windowsill were all adorable. Obviously, everything was looking beautiful. Anyone looking at the small daisies at the setting sun would stare at them for a long time. Audrey lived like a care-free princess. However, she wanted Daniel; she was willing to lose everything just to be with Daniel, but seeing him hugging another woman torn her heart in shattered piece.                                                                                                                          

As she lay in her bed crying, she received a Whatsapp message from Daniel. 

‘Are you home?’                                                                                                      

Audrey read the message but didn’t reply.                                          

 ‘Are you free? I want us to chat.’                                                                     

‘I already know what you want to say,’Audrey replied angrily.                                                                                                                                         

 ‘No, it’s not what you think.’                                                                            

‘I saw everything…’                                                                                     

‘The woman I was hugging was my sister. I know you’re mad at me for not telling you about Chioma’s relationship, but I will never do anything to add to it. I was in low spirit today because you no longer pick my calls or reply my messages. I had to call my sister over to tell me what I should do to win your love again. What you saw was my sister hugging me and not me cheating on you. I love you more than my life.’                                                                                                                                                  

 ‘I’m sorry, I misjudged you. But I can’t forgive you yet for deceiving me.’                                                                                                                      

 ‘Then, why did you come to me? Did you come because you missed me so much as well as I miss you?’                                                                          

Audrey knew he was speaking the truth but didn’t reply to him, instead she wrote, ‘I am feeling tired now. I got to go.’                                           

 ‘I love you,’ Daniel wrote with a rose emoji.                                                       

Audrey stared at the message, warmth engulfing her as she mumbled; I love you too, instead of replying it to him.                                                   

After her silent confession, her heart raced instantly. She knew that she could not do without him. Daniel could not do without her too. With this forgiveness, she felt happy and nourished.                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...