Monday, December 27, 2021

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 410)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu


On the other side, Louisa was in the kitchen cooking rice, along with fish stew. She had just finished cooking the fish stew when Andrew walked in through the door.                                                                             

‘Mum, what delicious food are you cooking for us today? I smelled it from afar.’                                                                                                           

‘Nothing much, son.I just cooked rice and fish stew today.’ Then, Louisa carefully came out of the kitchen with plates, setting them on the small old table, which served as their dining table.                                             

‘I am extremely lucky to have the best cook as my mum.’                          

‘Then can I say that I am proud to have the boy with the biggest dream as my son?’ Louisa smiled as she reached out to untie her apron. However, Andrew was one step ahead of her. He walked behind Louisa and gently took off the apron for her.                                                                     

  ‘You’re not allowed to praise only mum. Do you hear me?’ Chioma walked out from the bedroom, holding some fresh bowl of fruits.                                                                     

 ‘Chioma, when have you never been jealous?’ Andrew looked at Chioma and said.                                                                                                 

‘People are born to be jealous,’ Chioma laughed, placing the bowl on the table.                                                                                                                   

Andrew took off his overall and sat across from Chioma. The three of them enjoyed a simple dinner together, they chatted happily as they ate.                                                                        

Chioma truly loved their simple life because it felt safe, simple and gave happiness. But since, she had always been on the news; she felt that such simple life was drifting apart from her. However, since she moved to Lagos, and in this hidden place of Ajegunle, Chioma had not bothered herself so much about the scandals released on the news. She was simply happy with her family, and wished that this happiness would last for a long time.                                                                                               

No one wanted to talk about the trending news of Michael searching for Chioma; they all wanted to have their delicious dinner in peace, to avoid losing their appetite.

Meanwhile, at Diamond Gardens, after dinner, Isabelle went up to the study to work while Nicholas went to their lavish bedroom to call President Obinna to remind him about the meeting tomorrow at Aso Rock Villa. Celine on the other hand, curled up on the couch and watched 8 PM TV drama, while Audrey went upstairs to take a shower. Then, pulling on her white silk night dress, she rolled into bed. Just then, someone issued an invitation of a video-chat on her mobile phone. Seeing who the caller was, Audrey grinned with happiness.                      

Answering the call, Audrey said with love on her face, ‘My love…’           

‘Audrey, what do you mean by that?’ Daniel pretended not to like what she had called him.                                                                                            

  ‘I just called you…’                                                                                    

 Before Audrey could finish, Daniel glanced at the background behind Audrey and said, ‘It seems you’re in your room because you are feeling so sleepy. Who sleeps by this time? I am sure that my sweet Audrey will be boring when I marry her.’

‘Get married to me already so that I can bore you to death.’ Audrey pretended to be appalled.

Not able to suppress the warmth he felt, Daniel revealed a smile of happiness.

‘Got it, my sweet Audrey. I am glad that you are in a hurry for me to marry you.’                                                                                                                   

Audrey laughed. ‘How can I be happy to spend the rest of my life with you…you are so boring.’                                                                             

  ‘I totally understand what you mean. Don’t worry I promise to marry you soon.’                                                                                                      

At this moment, Chisom who just entered the room to bring tea for Daniel, stuck her head before the camera and said, ‘We will have a double wedding.’                                                                                                 

 ‘No, Chisom would ruin our special day… she would marry her man on a different day.’                                                                                               

‘Daniel, how could you say this to your sister? It shows you don’t love me, Chisom chuckled.                                                                             

‘That’s the truth. Daniel should love me more. Don’t worry, Chisom, on your big day I will gift you a super big gift.’                             

‘What gift?’                                                                                                        

Seeing Audrey gesture a big size, Chisom thought it must be a valuable gift.                                                                                                                

‘Tell me, do you want a strawberry cake or a balloon.’                              

Chisom frowned. ‘Audrey, is this the big gift you mentioned?’ She asked.                                                                  

 ‘Don’t you think it’s a big sacrifice to give you one of my favourite cakes? I see you as my sweet sister-in-law, so I have to give you something sweet.’                                                                                                       

Chisom didn’t know whether to cry or laugh. ‘When did you become the number one famous miser, huh?’ she pointed at Audrey on the camera. ‘How could I let a miser marry my brother?’                               

Both Daniel and Audrey laughed.                                                          

‘I feel sleepy because of you.’ Chisom turned to leave.                                  

Audrey looked at Daniel and said in a low voice, ‘Chisom looks cute when angry. I will have to tease her more often,’ she laughed.              

‘You are cuter when you tease people,’ Daniel chuckled.                         

‘Okay. I will tease you more often,’ Audrey said, looking adorable.                  

After chatting for some minutes, they hung up.                         

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...