Tuesday, January 4, 2022

The Moment I Met You (Chapter 598)

By Nightengale Ben-Onyeukwu



The following day, Michael and Chioma arrived at the airport in a limited edition Maybach. Stepping out of the car, the couple held hands as fans came over to give them flowers, wishing them forever together.  Chioma was wearing a light blue A-line dress, putting on the freshest morning smile. Michael wore a black retro custom-made suit, looking like a medieval king. This was the first time Michael and Chioma had appeared at the airport together. Chioma wasn't afraid of the reporters, for she knew that they were happy to see them together.

Michael looked at Chioma and pulled her in his arm, preventing her from being swept away by the excited crowd. When the reporters were trying to stalk her for photos, she didn't mind. She was with the man of her dreams and never felt any fear. Many requested for an autograph but Michael declined their offer.

An exciting Asian girl, wearing a white bat-sleeved collared shirt, and a beige-coloured uniquely pleated skirt, jumped in front of Chioma and handed her notebook to her. 'If your hubby refuses to give us his autograph, can you please give yours? This is a rare opportunity. I want to keep the memory of meeting two legends in my heart.'  She gave her most winning smile, which looked cute and adorable.

Upon the girl’s graceful feet was a pair of white heels with decorative bow. She looked like a celebrity or rather a model who was going for an Annual Model Award, and was certain to go home with Special Contribution Award. But then, her soft, long dark hair which she wore in a sleek boxer braids, made her look like someone that had just arrived Nigeria for vacation or rather to witness Michael and Chioma’s wedding. Of course, she had visited Nigeria for that purpose.

Chioma looked at the young girl and glanced at Michael. Michael gave her the look that she was free to give the girl an autograph, if she wanted to.

Chioma smiled and grabbed the fountain pen from the girl. After she signed her name she said to Michael, 'Can we go ahead?' She wasn't used to this, and so wanted to leave already.

Michael turned to the crowd and said, 'My wife needs me now.'

His words made the crowd explode in laughter as they made way for them to pass. Chioma smiled, and then put on her sunglasses as she boarded the private jet with Michael, heading for Italy. They were going to the romantic city of Venice for their honeymoon after which they would head for Verona, where the love story of Romeo and Juliet was created by William Shakespeare.

While sitting in the plane, Chioma suddenly held onto Michael's arm. Michael smiled sweetly and placed Chioma's head on his lap and gently stroked her black sleek wavy hair with his warm hands. 'I love you, Oma’ Michael whispered.

He was now calling her Oma? What an adorable way to shorten Chioma’s name. She loved the pleasant way Michael had called her that. It sounded so sexy and mesmerising to the ear.

As Chioma lay on Michael's lap, she felt her mouth curled into the most winning smile she had ever given. Michael leaned down to kiss the top of her head, drinking from the sweet fragrance of her CR7 perfume Audrey had gifted to her. She was finally his, and would always be his. This beautiful thought made Michael beam with delight.

Michael’s heart raced with happiness as he muttered in his heart, Oma, to me, you’re like a poison that I can never get off of my whole life…because it has already corroded away my heart and body. What more could I wish for? Having you is everything…I will always love you. Before, I never believed in love stories. I had only believed in making billions of dollars, but when I found you, I felt that you’re the most important thing in this world that I should chase.Thank GOD I found you…

Only those in love would understand the words Michael had just muttered in his heart.

When a person as adoring as Michael is caring towards you, what else could you wish for? Chioma thought as she let out a sweet smile, drinking from his unique scent. I am now Mrs Njemanze, what an amazing status for me…I never believed in miracles, but I do now...Thank GOD for the gift of Michael Njemanze…

It all started from a moment, and yesterday, that moment was turned into forever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters To My Love

Chapter Four: A Casual but Exciting Proposal One sunny afternoon, as Night headed out to interview someone for her blog, she received a vi...